Photo: Trolls are everywhere in Norway and are often seen having a bit of fun - this pair were on a camping holiday. Today we were in Tromsø. However, as I wasn't feeling 100%, we walked around the town for a while before returning to the ship.
Photo: of Norm at North Cape This afternoon we were at North Cape, Norway - Europe’s most northerly destination. We had amazing weather - blue skies, cool breeze and almost perfect conditions. We took our cold weather gear and really didn’t need it. Along the way we saw reindeer but either they were too far away or I was too slow taking the shot.
Photo: of the Lerwick Police Station, as seen in the TV program "Shetland". And finally, we are back in the lands of the United Kingdom - a bitter sweet moment. We loved seeing a small part of Norway but it was also good to be nearing the end of the cruise, as it's been a long time we've been on the road, so to speak. This was another day I wasn't feeling perky and we had made an appointment to see the Dr but as it wasn't until 5pm, after the ship left the port, I decided I would feel lousy whether we went ashore or stayed on board - so we went ashore for a couple of hours. I also have family history dating back to Lerwick and so I wanted, if possible, to at least set foot on the Island - even if it was to simply say "I've been there"! And so we did. Note: when I finally saw the Dr, it was discovered I had Influenza-A and I was immediately put into quarantine - another bitter-sweet moment!!!
Comments
Post a Comment